ModeratedUser
Banned

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone tried this StemCAPtain compass?

Hello all,

I've read about two pages of found threads on compasses, but no one has mentioned the StemCAPtain compass 3.0, https://www.stemcaptain.com/shop/ste...mpass-3-0-new/

First of all I have a GPS unit. Not my dream unit, but I have one. I really just need the compass to be reassured on direction and every once in awhile get headed the right direction. This is in the city and night time riding. I want to be pretty sure on direction and think the fastest way would be with this StemCAPtain. The way I look at is that I should be having the right direction and pedaling before the GPS even gets booted up. I carry my GPS in my pack and use it when needed. I don't even see my Suunto as being an advantage as I'll have to get that in my pack too, (assuming I'm not doing orienteering.)

Commenting on steel parts on the bike don't really do much to forward the discussion either. I pretty much agree to what the manufacturers are saying regarding this. Also alot of my bike is either aluminum or carbon.

Anyone with experience on this 3.0 compass? As always, any and all comments are most welcomed and appreciated.