View Single Post
Old 12-31-13, 10:27 AM
thirdgenbird

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kcollier5
Ok, this is sort of a noob question. (And probably another divergent from Hot r Not, sorry) It looks like his saddle is pushed mostly forward as well as having a … 130mm stem? Wouldn't it work to have a shorter stem (would look more in proportion to the bike) and push the seat back? Or would this change his leg position relative to the cranks and reduce power or something? I'm just asking for something of an explanation from one of you that knows this stuff.

As to the bike, it's not what I would call hot, per se, but a very nice bike indeed.
Saddle setback shouldn't be used to change reach. Saddle setback should be set relative to the riders legs and then a stem selected from there.

i wouldn't call the saddle mostly forward either. It is a little forward on a setback post. It looks well within standard adjustment ranges. Seat rails are exactly that (rails) so you don't have to pick the seatpost with the perfect amount of setback. That would be a huge pain.

why on earth is everyone anti 130mm stem? Again, I would call this normal equipment.

Last edited by thirdgenbird; 12-31-13 at 10:31 AM.