Shinjukan
Enthusiast

Bikes: 2016 Fuji Sportif One.0, 2011 Cannondale Synapse 6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
So... about what I figured. See, I have mirrors too... doesn't stop the 57 bus from scaring the @#$ out of me when it slides past on my left on SR8 East. See, the mirror can't tell me the bus is there and I can't hear him because of all the other traffic, but, if I ever see a ped walking in the bike lane and I need to swing out in the left lane to pass him, the first thing I'm going to do is flick my left eye over to the mirror while keeping my other eye on the ped. That way I don't pull out into a bus... that would not be good. But if a homicidal cager (or Trimet bus operator) ever decided that today was the day he was going to ram a cyclist into the grass verge for the fun of it... .. neither my mirror, or yours, would do anything at all to warn me, or you. I'm tired of the "mirror as passive warning device bull-crap". Makes no sense. Cars have had mirrors for decades. Has that impacted accident statistics?

H
First of all, you're not paying attention. I already said that I have all the most modern tools available right now to give me instant information while I'm riding. Again because I'm super-rich. I even have my own training SAG wagon trailing me all the time.

It's the first day of the brand-new year. Whatever belief that makes you happy, scared or whatever....then good for you. Whatever floats your boat. If that argument of yours makes you feel like you've man-ed up someone then by all means gloat till your liver comes out.

Happy now Mr. Scrooge?? Now go to your social media page and tell the world that you've enlightened a billion people with your plausible argument.

Last edited by Shinjukan; 01-01-14 at 09:15 AM.