Old 01-03-14, 09:02 PM
redlinecross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to cyclocross looking for some advice

Hello ,

Recently i bought an older redline conquest pro that needs a bit of work. Ive taken it out to myakka state park .. typical florida terrain grass trails, roots, rocks, hog holes, deer trails... Anyway when i go out riding normally i go as far as possible because i'm looking for wildlife.

Is there anything i can do to have a bit more of a comfortable position while i'm riding these trails? I was thinking about a flat bar conversion because i'm used to mountain bikes but after talking to a guy at my LBS it seems like its going to cost a lot (200$+). What aluminum flat bars would you all recommend if i went with this? also some shifters that might work (bike has 2 sprockets in front/9 in rear).. 2 finger short break levers preferably.. I'm really not familiar with bike terms so i'm sorry if this might seem a bit confusing.

I was also looking at those older Rock Shox Ruby suspension forks.. and was wondering if those would be worth buying to throw on the bike and ease up the ride a bit on the trails.. every time i hit rough dirt dug up by hogs my arms feel like i've been holding onto a jack hammer. I know these shocks are only 35mm of travel because they're made for the road.. but would they help at all or even fit? My tires are 700cx33 i think. i can upload pictures if needed. thanks so much!