Old 01-04-14, 07:15 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
The political discussions belong in P&R.

And Living Car Free and the Utility Cycling forums should be re-merged.

No one is suggesting that Living Car Free should be all about nuts and bolts type conversations, but rather that those topics should be part of the Living Car Free discussions. After all, if one wants to be "car free" or "car light", those types of discussions are part of it.
Excuse me, but it's the so-called "political" discussions that YOU almost exclusively post on. I have known you to submit 15 or 20 messages to a single "political" thread, so evidently it is an activity that you enjoy. We do have quite a few nuts and bolts threads on this LCF page, but they get significantly fewer posts and page views. If so-called "political" activity was barred, the forum would wither away and die--just like the Utility forum. If anything, they should, as you say, reunite LCF and Utility to get more participation. Or just leave it the way it is, but with a more inviting title and blurb for LCF.

Out of curiosity, when is the last time you posted on the Utility forum? Do you ever spend more than 5 or 10 minutes a week there? Obviously you spend several hours a week on THIS forum, then you complain that there should be no political discussions.

(To clarify, by "Political" I don't mean electoral politics or campaigns or democrats/republicans. I agree that this has no place on this type of forum. I mean issues like how to spend transportation funds, social and economic problems, environmental concerns, and so forth. That's why I always put quotation marks around "political".)

"Think Outside the Cage"