Old 01-04-14, 12:39 PM
osteoclast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dudelsack
The Time-crunched cyclist, new century rider program. I've ridden one flat century and several hilly metrics. I wear out too quickly on hills and suffer like a dog towards the end of them.

Carmichael, among others, contend that power is power. If I can increase my FTP, I should be able to handle hills better.

It wouldn't hurt to shed about 20# either. I'm not setting out to lose weight, because I don't need the stress, but I wouldn't mind it.

I burned 360 kjoules which corresponds roughly to 360 cal. Not much for all the suffering. A lesson learned.
OK....good luck, I'll be following your progress.

If you're looking to loose weight try "My fitness Pal". At least you will become more aware of calories in and if you want, you can have it determine calories in/ out and an appropriate total calorie count. You don't necessarily have to follow it but it will show you what you might have to do to actually loose weight rather than wish it away.

I presume you are doing this for fun rather than actually prepping for a century. It is an 11 week course where you are peaking your fitness by the end of it.

Best,

Gordon