Old 01-05-14, 09:43 PM
mattm
**** that

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
Piru TT. Gusts to 40, tailwind out. Gust to 40, headwind back. All the dust in the air didn't do much for my breathing. Legs felt flat. Passed a bunch of people. Did not get passed. Had a deli sandwich and watched the Niners when I got home. Fell asleep during the post game show.
I can never remember bf-speak.. "cadillac" means you won it right? Congrats!

Originally Posted by hack
I was in the 4 race in the AM. About 40 of us or so. A lot of solo fliers, but nothing stuck. With 1.5 laps to go two guys jumped hard and looked like they could hold us off and I was boxed in. Was able to find a gap and chase them down to find that they were pretty cooked and I was nearly cooked from chasing them down. So I faded back into the front of the group to recover. Big group acceleration with about half a lap to go and I had recovered enough to put in some kind of work and managed a 5th, got edged out at the line by a guy I didn't see coming up the inside. Fun race and happy with it.
Sounds like a strong start to the season, nice!

Originally Posted by aaronmcd
Early Bird crit, 2.2 km per lap, 3rd or 4th place in second race. Each race was so big they split them into 2 groups each and started them 1/2 lap apart.
Another strong start.. don't worry too much about sketchy riders, it gets slightly better as you move up through the categories (and I have no doubt you will).

my race videos