Old 01-06-14, 12:47 PM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lycosa View Post
I honestly wish I would have went a different route for my head light. Although the Cygolite is extremely bright (rivals my 4 cell mag-lite), it's battery life is limited. I could buy another $49 li-ion battery pack, but I'd be getting to the point of uber-ridiculousness with $150 invested in what is nothing more than a flashlight.

My other needs are definitely keeping my cell going. I use gps, a cycling computer app, and listen to music. It dies pretty quick and my smart phone doesn't have the ability to swap batteries.

Which brings me to my dilemma... I could reinvest in new equipment all around (which I'd rather not do) or figure out an alternative to keep my devices up on the road that is somewhat road friendly. Although I like to travel light, I'll take the weight where it's needed.
Seems strange to have everything driven by a headlamp. $40 will buy you a Petzl that is good on and off the bike. A smartphone charge lasts me at least a day and I use google maps a lot and listen to music. My hyperjuice mini weighs 8oz and will power my iphone for at least 5 days.