Old 01-06-14, 05:14 PM
unabowler

Bikes: Giant Defy, Trek FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dudelsack
"42" is my designation for over 50 cyclists who do not race and hence don't belong in the "33", but are on some sort of formal training program aiming at some sort of goal.

"42" is chosen because no one here uses it, unlike 41 or 33. It is also the answer to the meaning of life, the universe, and pretty much everything.

As I've mentioned ad nauseum, I'm doing the easiest of the TCTP, aiming to do the Redbud ride century in April. If I do well, I'm going to do the Kentucky three century in a year challenge, which is pretty tough.

I do my field test on Saturday, which will allow precise calculation of my pitifully low FTP. The program starts Monday.

I'm hoping this will keep me, and you perhaps, from bagging it after a week or two.

Anyone else?
Dusel, I live in the Ville and looked at the Redbud ride but decided I likely wouldn't do it. Maybe by the time of the Horsey Hundred I'll be up for an event. I'd love to do a flat to moderate metric century this year, might be later in the year and further away, though. I got out on New Year's Day and again this past Saturday, only for about 25 miles each time but I was really glad to get out. Might not happen again for a while with the weather we're likely to get.