View Single Post
Old 01-09-14, 03:37 PM
warrennnnnnnnnn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsigone
if you find it noodley after you get it, I can safely assume you will get what you paid for it if you put it back on to CL. Just avoid doing major upgrades if you have to split off into the route. But as is I'd get, clip in pedals, new bar tape, new tubes, maybe tires after closer inspection is all that really needed to get it rolling. I'd also clean the crap off that chain, rear D cogs and cassette and apply new lube. You can fine tune the "fit" with stem and seatpost offsets later.
You're probably right about the resale value.

Originally Posted by Pamestique
Is this a full Ti bike or one of the carbon Ti hybrids that Trek started making when it purchassed the Lemond brand? If one of the older full Ti bikes it should be good for you to ride. I have a 2002 Zurich (full steel) which I still ride and loe with no problem.

If it is the Ti Carbon hybrid then I would think twice... but if the price is right; buy it ride and if it breaks, get a new bike...

NOTE: I CHECKED THE AD... if this is a rare Lemond Ti why does it have a Trek sticker on it??? The Older Lemonds were Lemonds, not Treks (when Trek bought the company they changed the bikes out to Chinese carbon/metal hybrids)... do some research... as I recall the Victoire, when a Lemond, was sold with Dura Ace components not 105 - if the components are 105, bike is way overpriced... what year is the bike?
It is a Lemond, as my investigation has shown in the other post. "LeMond" is stamped into the dropouts. It does not have a Ti "spine" with Carbon mix as was offered later on, as you astutely pointed out. The story from the seller and a few other people who have come upon these frames online is that these were never built up by Trek, rather sold as framesets only, and built up by the consumer. They had run out of Lemond decals and badges for some reason, possibly due to the fallout between Trek and Lemond. The closest I could find are the Lemond Victoire series from 2001 and 2002. I am hoping Trek will be able to provide some more info.