Old 01-10-14, 01:39 PM
donrhummy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kraftwerk
I am in the market for an indoor trainer. I have usually just ridden in all kinds of weather and enjoyed it. Right now though, I have JUST had a hip re-surfacing (last week) and good news #1. it went well, good news #2. the Dr. WANTS me to get on a trainer ASAP. Thats cool. He is cool. So please keep me from hopping on my road bike and point me in the direction of the best low resistance trainer. Keep in mind it would be a plus if it was something I could "grow with" and use year after year... My normal riding habit is between 10 and 35 miles per day with 70 mile ride tossed in now and again. I am a 47 yr old former/occasional racer.. and am currently flat on my back on heavy pain medication. I would also appreciate any link to threads where this has been dealt with thoroughly.
search / spelling are not so easy on my current medication.

Thanks!

Rollers are fun but are not allowed as of yet. I am a bit skeptical about putting my carbon bike on a stand, In which case I have other lesser frames I could use ...
What's your price range?

Best of the low-to-mid range is Kurt Kenetic Road Machine. But the best overall is the Elite Turbo Muin: http://www.elite-it.com/blog/products/turbo-muin/ DCRainmaker tested it and found it to be silent.