Old 01-11-14, 05:49 PM
Maycat

Bikes: 2014 Specialized Robaix Sport 105, 1966 Raleigh Sport Step Through, 1988 Centurian Dave Scott Ironman Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sstorkel
Honestly? I wouldn't bother. Keeping logs of HR data just doesn't seem that useful to me. It is useful to know your current heart rate, but I wouldn't bother trying to record it, plot it over time, or anything fancy like that. I've got 4 years worth of Garmin-collected HR data and I never look at it. Before I bought the Garmin and power meter, I used a simple Polar heart rate monitor. That's about all of the HR info you need as far as I'm concerned...
So, what is the best way of training while watching your heart rate, that is also cost effective? I am actually trying to get pregnant, so I don't want to overdo it right now, also, I am spending the day recovering from last week's strenuous workouts. I want to get in shape, but I can't afford to be so sore I can't move very well. I was looking at the polar heart rate monitors, but those are around $70. Also, is it easy to see while you riding?

By the way, thank you, posters for all your insight!