Old 01-12-14, 08:48 AM
gif4445

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Specialized Diverge, Volagi Liscio, LHT, Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
I've been checking out other peoples stories and pictures of their tours for about three years now at: Crazy guy on a bike (crazyguyonabike.com). That's more than enough to give me thoughts/dreams about touring.

But I haven't decided on a jumping off place. A local group does annual 4 day tours of various areas around the state... I think they might be my first. The wife doesn't like the idea of me doing a solo unsupported tour. What I'd really like to do is a supported mid-winter tour.... in a warm climate. I like the idea of escaping the Midwestern winter.... and riding my bicycle.
I hear ya on the warm climate tour. I would like to escape Nebraska for awhile in the winter.

I like the state supported rides (BRAN), But I love the solo tours. And nothing like the memories from the first tour. I did my research, mostly from CGOAB, but still made a lot of rookie mistakes. ( https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/..._id=10146&v=85 ). But that just added to the adventure! Sometimes, you just have to take the leap. And for what it's worth, my wife didn't like the idea either. But I convinced her everything would be alright. Three tours later, she is pretty cool with it. Good luck and just do it!