Old 01-13-14, 10:00 PM
Long Tom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakedatc
If he is still having those type of symptoms he should not be using a computer or focusing on anything other than resting his brain. This is standard protocol for concussion management. can probably find NCAA protocols that we use with college athletes somewhere. we don't even let them text on their phone and watch tv.

Get better Fred
^^ this ^^

Sounds like he really got his bell rung. I wasn't kidding about spending the next week(s) in a dark room with his eyes closed. A damaged brain is fertile grounds for mayhem- think seizures induced by flashing lights as an extreme example, but it does scale down from there.

He's likely to have a whole barge of wacky emotional stuff coming at him once he gets past the acute stage of this. My anxiety baseline was off the charts for months. I'd jump out of my skin at the smallest thing... fear... depression... for me the strangest thing was this feeling of deep, very sad, despair, like I'd lost a child. This for many months. It was so incongruous that I could at least recognize it as an obvious symptom and somewhat ignore it. Later, as it faded, it kind of blended in with the depression. Good times, lol.