Old 01-15-14, 07:14 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by xengravity
*Regarding max cadence drills; I get everyone has a different opinion. And without data to back it up no one can actually prove either way. But from what I can gather, I see a lot of guys doing warm up max cadence efforts before racing. Listening to some of the fast guys discussing the topic, they strongly suggest that it is beneficial to neuromuscular adaptation but i've never heard a fast guy suggest that they are actually bad for you.
Yeah, that's the debate.

Old school guys will say that you should be able to spin well over 200RPM for some significant amount of time to create some neuromuscular training. The Germans used to have an exact number

Others say that, "Why train at over 200RPM when you'll never hit 160 in a race?" Even top sprinters don't go over 160 in a flying 200M. And now with the Big Gear Revolution, max cadences are in the 140s.

I personally like to rev-out at a controlled 160-170ish RPM and work on feeling loose, free, relaxed, and in control. When you do a flying 200M right, that's the feeling that you are going for. I can pull off a 220-225RPM balls-out rev-out on the rollers. But why?