Old 01-16-14, 10:41 PM
thugpipe

Bikes: 2011 Origin 8 Bully, 2010 Dahon Silvertip, 2016 Respect Mini Velo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by P7HVN
Yeah, those Bullys are great. Really like what you've done with yours(been following it in different threads...). I'm on the lookout for one, or a Hooligan. Actually found a mint Hooligan, w/conventional forks, for sale in the DC area, but don't have any contacts up there and couldn't get one of the LBS's to act as a go-between for the sale. I measured up my spare 29'r fork and it's almost 3" longer than the Surly on there now, so that'll raise my BB probably 35-45mm, which will help a lot.

Another alternative I'm looking at are the larger 24" & 26"-wheeled BMX bikes; they have mid-mount BB's and are stretched out more, so it doesn't look like you're riding around on some 10yr old's bike.

However, recently I've found what, for me, would be the perfect host for these wheels. Just have to wait now for them to produce it....
http://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/...e-street-bike/

I saw that bike, its super cool looking but the last line in that description said it all........may never hit production.

a BMX might be cool, a 24" might have a BB high enough. but I'm not sure how much more wheel base you get with a 24, you might be better off with the 20". I do like those skyway T/A bikes they put out recently, could be fun on one of them

those Loopwheels look neat but I would be concern that they would eat up some of the power from your pedal stroke and make the drive mushy, how do you like them?