Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
I get my daily dose of casein protein from cottage cheese, yogurt and milk, I don't use supplements anymore.
I've experimented with whey protein for few years but it didn't do anything for my performance, recovery and body composition, so I stopped using it. I prefer to eat real whole foods instead of eating "isolated nutrients", actually I get better results from drinking plain milk the from protein powders...90% of protein powders are denatured because of high heat and acid processing and many are contaminated with heavy metals, I really question their effectiveness and health benefits..Maybe the reason why your heart rate changed after drinking that stuff is because of all the toxic crap that's in that powder.
Links for studies showing that protein powder manufacturers adulterate their products?

How a food works for a person depends a lot on how that food is used, no matter what it is. Protein powder is about 1/3 the calories compared to getting the same protein from 2% milk. Plus I'm a little sensitive to lactose, but that's a personal problem. By supplementing with milk proteins I can work out hard, gain muscle, and lose weight overall without eating mammals or dinosaurs at all and eating very little fish. Good fish is expensive and caloric.