Old 01-21-14, 08:18 PM
smallwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by keyven
lol @ smallwheeler. Actually I'm not surprised there exists a knockoff. Just learned of it like a week ago.

TBH the bromptons price is over-priced, given that the parts are not premium either. You're mainly paying for the design aspects which are unequalled, but most reviews I've seen aren't really gushing over the ride quality. For that price you should be getting both in copious amounts.

It's a hole in the market waiting to be filled. And who better than chinese pirates?
well, if the brompton is an over-priced bike with non-premium parts and less than great ride quality, what you should do is spend $1000 on a pirated copy of the brompton that's heavier than the original and fitted with z-grade parts and dodgy rear triangle. oh, and that derailleur. i guess they forgot to steal that particular set of auto-cad files...

also, i guess you didnt get my point. the very reason the brompton is so expensive in asia is because it has to be imported. the reason it has to be imported is that the very company that brompton attempted to establish and maintain a licensing agreement with to produce bromptons in asia for the asian market, cheated brompton and didnt honor the terms of their agreement and failed to return brompton's property. that same company or incarnation thereof, produces the crappy bike you are now contemplating spending your hard-earned money on. so, in effect, that piece of junk is the reason brompton's are over-priced in your market. enjoy.