Old 01-22-14, 11:13 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
what cycco says certainly fits in with my relating to sealed bb's vs the old cup and bearing ones.
Cycoo, here's a question, from someone with no idea of cartridge hubs and specific models/costs: do you know what hubs you are using, what models, spoke numbers and a rough idea of the cost of the hubs?
It would be interesting for me to compare the prices to LX-XT level cup and cone hubs that are the level of the ones I have had in the past and present, just to have a rough idea of cost/performance balance.

The off road situations you describe arent really representative of my riding, and are probably the worst scenario for drivetrain wear in general, but I am curious of the cost differences.
Overall, my experience has shown that mid level or a bit higher components work and last very well for me, and strike the right balance between cost and what you get out of them performance/durability wise--but I would like to get an idea of what money you put into your hubs.
I seem to recall you extolling Phil Wood hubs, their ease of maintenance etc, so you must have some of those. In any case, I'd like to see some hub models you have just to do some looking to see what prices are involved.
thanks