View Single Post
Old 01-22-14, 03:35 PM
hockeyref

Bikes: 1995 Canondale 2.8 frame (R800) with a mix of same era Shimano and Campy parts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
+1 on bidding goodbye to 2013....
Started it off with torn meniscus and grade II PCL tear in January that I aggravated for the next two months until it finally gave out. Friend and riding partner died in early April from sudden heart attack after his first ride of the season. Knee Surgery, PT\Rehab and now it's July...PT says leg is still weak, Doc says no more PT you can finish rehab yourself by walking or biking... HMMMM BIKING forgot about that! Start riding around July 4 and all is good for a little while - then the rains came and I couldn't get out. Now it's August and hockey season ramped up so the spare time went to refereeing and coaching while work took up the rest of my time. Add a couple mild concussions over the next couple months after kids taking my feet out out in practice (thank god I had my helmet on properly) and we are in December..... Then just to put the icing on the cake, A week before Christmas I fall on some ice in the driveway.... Broke my fibula in the other leg and turned my ankle inside out. Add to that, now it's feeling like I tweaked something in that knee when I fell.... Hope it doesn't end up being surgery on the other knee to mirror the start of 2013!

Jeeze, All I wanna do is lose the 50 pounds I gained sitting on may ass over the past two years and get back in some sort of shape....