View Single Post
Old 01-23-14, 06:08 AM
P7HVN

Bikes: Fuji Comp 29r, Downtube, Tommi Sea fat bike, Nashbar SS 29r half-fat, Full suspension mini-velo/MTB, Loopwheel M-Velo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Canker
Bleh just get the BD or one of the Framed Minnesota fat bikes. Nothing wrong with the BD fantom frame which is just a Diamant/Nakamura fat bike frame with different stickers while their Boris is a Kona? frame, too lazy to look that one up again. I'd lean torwards the Framed bikes rightnow just because they are including a complete set of 29er wheels with tires, disc, and cassette with their bikes which you could then resale.
+1 The BD Fatties are just fine. No reason to jump into a $1500-2500 Fatbike these days, unless you just have an affinity for one of the higher-end brands. On the right track too, with the 29'r, especially coming off a road-bike background. I'm partial to 29r's and wouldn't go back to 26 unless I just happened upon a really nice one, that was closeout priced. 27.5 combines benefits of both platforms and has been out long enough to be well established, but don't like the idea of adding yet another tire size to my stable(20, 29 & Fat)...