Old 01-24-14, 05:53 AM
CustomSteel

Bikes: 50's-60's Ross Deluxe, 68 Schwinn, 83 Peugeot P8, 84 Jamis Durango, 85 Peugeot PH501, 86 Raleigh Grand Prix, 91 Maruishi RX-7, 92 Marin Bear Valley, 92 Trek 950

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Out of the frying pan and into the fire, and loving every minute of it!

Hello everyone! I am relatively new to the cycling world, having started back into it about a year ago as a means to maintain my health and fitness. Having been involved in automotive restoration for a little over a decade, I have found that I enjoy vintage bicycles nearly as much as I do vintage automobiles. I started with a 1983 Peugeot that I had pulled out of a trash pile when I was younger, which spent it's time in a shed because it was too big for me at the time. I'm still working on it, and have added a few other bikes to my collection that I work on as time allows. It's a nice change of pace from school and work, and I find that I often enjoy working on bicycles more than I do riding them. I'm currently learning how to build wheels, which I'm finding is truly an under-appreciated art form. I love all types of bicycles, although I find myself riding road bikes the most for my fitness runs. I'm not really into fixies because I'm not used to the concept, but I plan on building up an old Schwinn frame that I was given into a fixie to help me gain a better appreciation for them.