View Single Post
Old 01-24-14, 02:46 PM
Cycle Babble

Bikes: 1996 Trek 820 Mountain Bike, 2010 Gary Fisher Tarpon, 2013 Trek Domane 4.5C, 2013 Orbea H20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was bicycling a few years before I found this web-site.

In 2010 I topped off at 280 lbs. As mentioned above I received wedding pictures back that had my fat fanny on them which was an eye opener to me as well. I knew I had issues because my waist size was at 40 which was higher than I wanted, so I purchased a bike and began riding. I lost 10 lbs the first year, then gained them back over the winter. The second year I lost 10lbs again and managed to keep them off. This last summer I lost another 10 which put me at 260. I gained 5 pounds over the holidays but now that I am back in the gym I took those off plus 2 more. At 258 I can only hope to lose 20 this year to get me to 240. I will see how things go after that. Slow and steady it goes while excersizing and watching what I eat. My issue is my wife is a good....no make that a GREAT cook and at times I cannot fight the urge to have a second helping.

The best advise I can give is to never give up. You may try for a long time and get little to no results, but if you keep at it, eventually good things will come.

Thanks,
John S