Old 01-25-14, 08:11 AM
Null66

Bikes: Built up DT, 2007 Fuji tourer (donor bike, RIP), 1995 1220 Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Sorry, but IMO you have completely the wrong attitude about this. It is evident that you do care what people yell by what you have written, and that's ok. Own it. We are a social animal. I admit, positive reinforcement would feel better, but you can use negative energy to push yourself to your goals as well. Obviously at some time in the past you weren't quite as disciplined as you are at present? So why hate on the whopper eaters? That's hypocrisy. I also have to say... as a weight loss strategy street biking sucks. Rocks. it's too efficient and too environment limited both at the same time. If you are losing weight, its because of other positive changes you have made in your lifestyle. Cardio that will actually melt the fat off? Well running is probably number one, even urban running, but its high impact. Ouch! Elliptical? Rower? Exercise bike? All better because you can dial in a certain amount of resistance AND you can slog away at your workout without worrying about traffic lights, cross traffic, pedestrians, low flying aircraft... FWIW

H
attitude advice is good, but not the weight loss.

Studies show long duration (>3 hours) cardio is best at fat loss, especially visceral fat. Short duration steady state cardio that most associate with the machines you mention the least effective.

We are not simple machines where simple calorie math determines outcome. We are complex systems which seek stability at set points. Hormone response is profoundly important in metabolism and weight. Different activities have different hormonal responses.

Real world examples of this abound on this site.