View Single Post
Old 01-25-14, 02:32 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4366 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 31 Posts
I've said my piece, I have no interest in convincing anyone that I'm right. Unlike the more rabid pro helmet folks here, I don't care what others think or do. Nor do I have an interest in trying to change the minds of those who've "seen the light", something which is a waste of time.

While some here have said things to the effect that they cannot understand how anyone could be so foolhardy as to ride without a helmet, or others who feel the need to spread the pro helmet gospel, I don't have an agenda here except to suggest some respect for those who disagree.

Wear a helmet, or not, just leave me alone if we should pass on the road.

As for those who are less rabid about helmets, make your own decision, and consider my thoughts on MHLs, giving them whatever consideration you consider they deserve. We'll never know how right or wrong I am, until later on. I for one would be thrilled to be wrong in my assessment.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.