Old 01-26-14, 01:25 AM
spacemanz

Bikes: Frejus/Bertin/Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
In praise of the SL-L422-S.

OK, I've mentioned these stemmies several times, possibly to the point of annoying some of you, LOL, but I just now found some validation. It seems these were part of the SLR group, but these & the similar downtube one, were different from most of the Light Action parts sold at the same time. Most were either indexed OR friction, but these ones are friction only, BUT with a ratcheting action, somewhat like retrofrictions. I've tried a couple times now, to remove just the lever assemblies from the clamping assembly, but it seems like it's pretty permanently mounted. All I can see of that interior mechanism, is a round black plastic piece, and a spring sticking out of the top. But it works great, & looks pretty cool, I think. I included a pic of the assembly order, just in case someone ever gets a baggie full of parts. But has anyone ever figured out how to pull these apart? I'm not going to force it, but I kinda hope there's a way. Oh, here's a cool ad I found at disraeligears, showing the SLR group. http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/...9_scan_25.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
003 (Large).jpg (92.8 KB, 22 views)
013 (Large).jpg (92.4 KB, 24 views)
014 (Large).jpg (90.8 KB, 23 views)
019 (Large).jpg (99.2 KB, 20 views)
020 (Large).jpg (91.9 KB, 18 views)