View Single Post
Old 01-28-14, 07:51 AM
Phil_gretz
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '16 Motobecane Gran Premio Elite, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1459 Post(s)
Liked 1,533 Times in 802 Posts
Nice Bike, But...

Originally Posted by BruceHankins View Post
Trying to get a year and value on this bike. I believe it's a 54cm frame, shimano Exage motion drivetrain in said to be rideable and good condition other than some play in the rear wheel. Would this be worth the asking price? I was thinking in the $25-$40 less range but I'm not great at pricing. 54 may fit, 56 would be ideal. I plan on adding a rack (if the dropouts allow for it) and panniers and keeping it...but if it doesn't fit and I chose to resell after a thorough cleaning and greasing, what would be the expected value?
Bruce,
Yes, it's worth the asking price at $125, but that won't leave much margin for resale. Cleaned up in the DC market in spring, this will fetch $225 pretty easily, $255 tops. So you'll have to keep your costs to a minimum.

For your purpose, you should be able to mount a rack with p-clamps on the upper seatstays. The bad news is that this bike will be a little small for you, I'm guessing. If I had any $ in the bike fund, I'd have snatched this one up already, if that helps...

Phil