Old 01-29-14, 12:17 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 395 Times in 260 Posts
^^ Thanks - the Twenty was a $10 bargain at a Goodwill. Original that had a 'beautiful' grime protecting it. Did a complete take down for service, replaced the tires and pads. That's all it needed. Dig that cushy tushy saddle and the calamity of accessories - LOL.

The other is a mystery to me. Was driving past a pawn shop and some bikes were lined up as a sidewalk sale, etc.. No maker i.d. or serial. Super clean and looked to have rarely been used. Found out why shortly after. While sorting it out I discovered rear of frame was out of alignment. It didn't show any paint break or clue of crushing. Might have left the factory that way, never aligned, considered a defect but was sold??? I used the Park frame tool and it took just a few minutes to correct it.

Has lower-end Shimano components. I pulled the junk plastic folding pedals and in my parts pile found some Suntour XC pro w/ nylon 'super-strap' ratchets. Kind of different and like it. German national paint scheme / graphics and silver metal fenders but think its just another Taiwan made. Was told by another might be VW promo / boutique bike but the logo or badge removed. Fits 6 ft. plus rider and conventional position like a full size atb.

Last edited by crank_addict; 01-29-14 at 12:21 PM.