View Single Post
Old 01-29-14, 04:52 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5764 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,404 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
and when should I get a followup test to see if its working? 1 yr? 6mos? sooner?
This why the doctor gets the big bucks. So ask him/her.

The internet and forums are decent places to get general info, but humans are all different and specific info has to be tailored to the individual.

Generally doctors do followups early and often to see if the new regimen is working, then back off once everything is stable. By that logic, you'd want close monitoring again when you start making changes.

The most important thing is to have good dialog with the doctor. Make sure he knows you're active and wish to remain so, and set goals and strategies based on your individual needs. ASK QUESTIONS (the ones you're asking here) and don't leave until you have answers. Some doctors don't like patients who ask too many questions, but the good ones prefer patients to be more involved in their own care. So if your doctor doesn't want to give you enough time or attention, find a new one.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

Last edited by FBinNY; 01-29-14 at 04:58 PM.