fubar5
0^0

Bikes: Redline Monocog,Surly Crosscheck, Lemond Reno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
SingleSpeed finally perfected

A few months back when I started working at a shop, I harvested and old Schwinn Frontier GS frame, and some wheels. It started of with the derailleurs locked in place, then I got rid of the triple chainring crank for a single that I put together with stuff I found in the junk boxes. Which left only the rear der. I fashoined that into a tensioner by taking off the backside of the cage,the top pulley, and then stretching it out and placing the lone pulley on top(or the inside) of the chain, kind of like a Surly Singleator. It worked ok, but it wasn't the real deal. So I've been messing around with chainring/cog sizes to find a setup that has enough tension by itself(I have vertical dropouts). I finally found 39/16, which works perfectly. Today I found two cassettes and I busted them apart, took the 16's(one for a spare) and all the spacers, and rigged up a total singlespeed. After messing around for a few mintues I got the chainline just right, and the whole thing runs like a charm. The best part is that I've only spent about 100 bucks!!! SS rocks!