Old 02-01-14, 09:50 PM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by j814wong
I wish I lived in such a place that I could leave my bike outside a store without a lock and know for a fact that it would never be stolen.
Originally Posted by 2manybikes
Fixed for reality.
Oh, ye of little faith. I've had the opportunity to live in or travel to some small communities where you can do exactly that. I lived in one small town of about 5,000 where I rented a room in a house to which no one including the property owner had the front door key, and another room from a woman who panic'ed when I said I would lock the door since we were both going to be gone over a weekend, because she didn't know where her key was. I routinely left my keys in the car while I ran into grocery, without any losses. I've also had the joy of visiting some of the South Pacific islands where none of the inhabitants have doors nor windows on their dwellings. Some, have TVs and Satellite dishes. Some don't. But you don't have to worry about your stuff going missing. And in the event that a cruiser is careless enough to not secure their dinghy properly and it goes adrift, it'll be returned along with a lesson on how to better secure your belongings against loss to mother nature.

Some of the stories of accidently acquired property from those places are absolutely entertaining.