View Single Post
Old 10-03-05, 11:04 PM
glassman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaryAnn
I think you guys are looking at the wrong ebay thing. It's an allez comp and its a 2004. So I don't understand "a bike that age" comment. It's not a 10 year old bike it's a new bike. Bought last year. And the newer Allez comps are going for the same price with 105 components instead of Ultegra and the MSRP is $1700. So with that info I figured that $1000 for a bike I know and that I want and can not be found in a lbs is worth it to me. I just trying to make you all understand my thinking. Now I wouldn't have bike more than $1000 which I didn't because even though the MSRP was $1600 when I bought mine I only paid $1200 because it was the end of the season and they were dumping the steel frames I'm sure. All in all, it was worth a grand to me but not more and that's the way it turned out. Also here's the site and it says it's sold so I don't think the buyer reneged. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I think you have to be careful on ebay. The seller had only 4 feedback. The bike did look good, you will find another one. Good Luck.