Old 02-04-14, 11:59 AM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 961 Post(s)
Liked 1,627 Times in 1,044 Posts
Last bike frame I got was packed really well (thanks alfilado) - There were internal supports and the dropouts were well padded and with a spreader...

Lets not forget lessons learned by our vintage shippers - We may have to go back to this type shipping - But ya know if I am shipping a bike worth a few grand (and thats not far off now days with people spending half that on a set of wheels) building an indistructo cage for shipping is not that bad - I have more than a few ideas...

"A wooden crate has a self-supporting structure, with or without sheathing. For a wooden container to be a crate, all six of its sides must be put in place to result in the rated strength of the container. Crates are distinct from wooden boxes. The strength of a wooden box is rated based on the weight it can carry before the top (top, ends, and sides) is installed, whereas the strength of a crate is rated with the top in place. In general conversation, the term crate is sometimes used to denote a wooden box."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crate

Wonder if these would help?

Last edited by zandoval; 02-04-14 at 12:07 PM.