Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by lakhotason
Seriously I don't understand your question. What hidden agenda? What issues? What taboo? You're making this far too complicated.

I ride my bike because it is fun. If it were not fun I would not ride my bike. People ride bikes first and foremost because it is fun to ride bikes. If you wish people to ride bikes you remind them of the fun of riding a bike. You do not wag your finger at them and tell them they are wrong. Remember the whole point is to get people to ride bikes. If that's an agenda then so be it.
Don't you know ... "fun" isn't a valid reason for riding a bicycle in this particular forum. You've got to have a political purpose for riding a bicycle. You've got to be on a mission. You might even have to suffer for your cause.

Yeah, I know ... it's kind of silly. Nothing wrong with cycling for those reasons, but rest assured, there are a few of us who are, or have been, car-free/car-light ... and one of the main reasons is simply because we enjoy riding our bicycles. Even cycling (or walking) to and from work.

Last edited by Machka; 02-05-14 at 01:55 AM.