Old 02-05-14, 06:26 AM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
[QUOTE=ldarlee;16446709]2. Is there a be-all-to-end-all web page that's like a "Recumbents for Dummies"? I've done a lot of reading on this and other bent rider forums, but it'd be really helpful to find a resource that consolidates much of the basic information (acronyms, nomenclature, recumbent type comparison, etc.)./QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Jeff Wills
In my garage, I have:
LWB Gold Rush (most ridden)
SWB P-38 (my first commercial recumbent, now 23 1/2 years old)
Cuda W-2 streamliner (the paycheck vacuum)
Schwinn Le Tour single-speed (the coffee shop bike)
Access mountain bike (like I ever go off-road)
and parts for at least 2.75 more bikes that get swapped around in various combinations.
I identify with your frustration. Recumbent design is evolving at a much more rapid pace than DF bike design. The differing configurations are often referred to in short hand that is constantly changing as new designs are developed that don't exactly match any previous design. Also, recumbent posters often refer to their rides by model name which, if you don't already know what it looks like, isn't very helpful.

One other thing: be careful with that "Recumbents for Dummies" kind of talk. We don't want to feed the enemy any cheap straight lines.