View Single Post
Old 02-06-14, 03:07 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
IIRC, Peugeot did issue race rep models with 753 tubing in the very late 80's, maybe early 90's
I have doubts about this one being a 753 framed bike, as (unless they were drewed off) it's missing brazed-on shifter lugs, plus the fork seems to be not the right one to go with this particular frame. The paint job and graphics are also horrid and hurts the bike's value in a big way. The Simplex DO's might also be a sign that it's not a 753 Peugeot, as those top line race reps were sometimes built by Peugeot with Campagnolo DO's, especailly the ones they decked out with Campy gruppos.
Most people wouldn't touch that frame looking like that unless they get it fore really really cheap.
Although the components are nice, there's just too many questions going around this bike to make it a worthwhile buy at the price the seller is asking. I'd only offer maybe 220 bucks max (if buying it as a rider, plain and simple) for it, the way it is and with it's very questionable ID. (A good 753 race rep Peugoet will run easily into the $8-900's and much more if it was NOS mint),.....and that would be taking a big gamble, and one might just break even with the value of the components at that price.
There's lots of other nicer Peugeots for sale out there..I'd pass on this one IIWY. This mongrel just does not feel right....

Last edited by Chombi; 02-06-14 at 03:11 PM.