View Single Post
Old 02-07-14, 01:02 PM
ronwi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
fBike?

After not being on a bicycle for years, I just started using the share bikes here in San Francisco, and was thinking of expanding my horizons a bit with a folding bike.

The share bikes are 42.5 pounds, btw.

In searching the internet, it's surprising to me how few reviews there are for folding bikes. And it seems there are even fewer reviews for the internet only bikes - Origami, fBike, Citizen bike.

I'm looking to buy something relatively cheap, I figure if I like it I can always upgrade by selling the old one on Craigslist.

Does anyone know anything about the fBike? I did a search on this forum and didn't come up with anything. It has rave reviews at Amazon - http://amzn.to/1eFsUNR - and is $249 + $29.95 shipping. It is 31 pounds, 6 pounds more than the Origami Crane 7 (but $76 cheaper when you factor in the higher price and higher shipping cost.)

BTW, I know that the owner of Origami frequently posts around here, and am happy to hear his admittedly biased opinion. Nothing wrong with admittedly biased opinions, it's the hiddenly biased ones that are problematic.