genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by joejack951
The speed limit is 45-50mph, with traffic typically at 50-60mph. With all the driveways and heavy traffic, it's no wonder why people turn from the shoulder even though it is technically illegal. My two right hooks happened when drivers turned from the right hand lane (technically the only legal way to turn into a driveway). While it may come across as "militant" lane use to some, the only way for me to operate legally AND prevent a right hook from being legally my fault is to ride in the right hand lane.

I didn't ever make a habit of using 202 when I worked out that way but road closures or inclement weather made it the next best option some days/weeks/months.
Yeah it is a hazy area... and in spite of some views of what is legal and not legal, motorists are clearly doing what they think is the right thing... which often leaves cyclist in poor positions. I agree that the only thru lane here is the right most travel lane... but based on the speeds, you will be hassled. This is a typical motorist centric road... borrowing from the shoulder when and where it is determined to best suit MV traffic.