treal512

Bikes: '89 Miele Azsora, '09 Motobecane 700HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Faint grind sound when coasting with newly installed freewheel

Hey, I could use a little advice.

I just had the LBS replace my old 6-speed FW with a BNIB SunRace 7-speed FW. Along with this swap, I had them replace the crankset, bottom bracket, DT shifters, and chain. I rode the bike home today and as I was getting ready to go inside, I felt a faint intermittent (but consistent) grind/rubbing feeling when coasting. So I got off the bike, picked up the back, and spun the rear tire. The grinding/rubbing sound (barely audible) seems to be coming from the FW and rear hub region. Note, this was not an issue before the 6-speed FW was replaced as it freely spun without any sort of friction.

I wish I could take it all apart to take a look at it myself, but I don't have the tools, nor do I currently have the time to really get inside and see what it could be. Besides, the bike shop will without a doubt take a look into the matter for me, but I won't be able to take it up to them until the end of the coming week or possibly even the following week. Also, I'd like to go in the shop with some ideas as to what the problem might be.

Thanks!