Old 02-08-14, 08:30 PM
Myosmith
Lover of Old Chrome Moly

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Time is hard to find so try to make the most of it:

- clean, inspect, lube and make any repairs on your bike ASAP so that it is always ready to go. 10-15 minutes after a ride is all it takes to give your bike the once over. 5 minutes to pump up your tires before work means 5 minutes more riding that evening.
- keep your gear together and ready. I keep a helmet and gloves hanging from the handlebars of my hybrid, which is right next to my road bike. There is a velcro pant leg tie around my under seat bag. I've got dual sided pedals so I can grab a quick ride in street shoes and jeans if I want.
- find reasons to ride. Need to pick up a quart of milk, return a movie, going across town to your kid's Little League game? Leave the keys and grab your helmet.
- commute by bike when possible. It's well worth it to leave 15-30 minutes earlier to work so you can take your bike. If traffic is heavy, the bike might actually be faster.
- set aside a specific time to ride. This seems hard, but think about how important it is to your physical and mental health. This is time invested, not wasted.
- ride with a partner or group. It helps motivate you to get out there if someone is waiting for you.
- analyze time wasters. Do you park in front of the TV after dinner? Surf the internet forums on perfectly good evenings?
- don't turn every ride into a big production number. There is nothing wrong with just jumping on the bike for a 30-minute spin if that's all you have time for.
- remember to have fun.