Old 02-17-14, 12:25 PM
gregjones

Bikes: K2 Mod 5.0 Roadie, Fuji Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
I already had the bike shop order me the Problem Solvers seat post clamp that gives me rack mounts. Just need to get some P-clamps for the seat stays and the rack itself.
That will work well for you. My current bike has bosses above the brake for rack bolts but I used a clamp similar to the PS because the rack fit better. A little blue Locktite and it's great.

I used Goof Off to remove one sticker from my Vuleta wheels. At the rate of consumption it was going to be quite expensive. At the suggestion of cyccommute, I finished removing the rest of the stickers with OMS. It worked as good as the pricey Goof Off, maybe just a bit slower, and was a fraction of the cost it would have taken to use Goof Off. I waited six or eight months to remove the stickers (like you--couldn't decide) and they came off without a trace of ever being there. You have time to decide about removal. They do look great on your bike, they looked cheap on mine.

I found my Vuleta wheels to be as true as I could tell with a tie wrap and old fork. 40 years of tuning stringed instruments leads my ears to believe that the spoke tension was of no concern. 600 miles later they are doing fine.

That's the exact wheel set I had been thinking about using on my next bike. Thanks for posting!!!

Last edited by gregjones; 02-17-14 at 12:36 PM.