Old 02-17-14, 05:59 PM
zs3889

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RaleighSport
Going to respond to your question here:
Dave Scott Ironmans are well designed and built frames from Centurion, they use a high end tange steel for the tube metals and the components tend to be mid-high level on a whole these are excellent bikes and have a large cult following. Odds are you'll be able to make the bike fit, but even if you can't you should be able to get your money back out of it or trade it for one that does fit. On my CL that bike would be going for anywhere between 600-1000 just to give you a general idea (Disclaimer: I live in bike mecca practically, my CL prices will be higher than most any area excluding, NYC, SF proper, LA etc)

Gotcha! I was initially looking at new, low-end bikes like Schwinn and etc. that would cost me around $200-$300 new. But after looking at some threads in this forum, I figured getting a used bike like this would be a better deal. And it seems like this one IS a better deal than getting a new bike with a budget of $200.

I live in Salt Lake City, so I would say it is also one of the bike meccas. The seller responded and I am planning to check out the bike tomorrow and hopefully carry it home with me I mean ride it home with me. Any tips on checking the bike before making my decision? I assume that you have seen the photos and components in the link and they seem alright to you?

Thank you very much!