View Single Post
Old 02-17-14, 11:29 PM
zs3889

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nesteel
I foolishly passed up a nice original Ironman Expert last spring for $175. I'm still kicking myself for not picking it up. If that one's in nice shape, and doesn't need a major amount of rehab, you certainly won't get hurt at that price.
Any tip on how to tell if the bike needs any major restoring? As far as I can tell, the tires are pretty much worn out, but that's not a concern.

Originally Posted by oddjob2
They are fast and ride nice. I have the exact bike, paid $275 last year, sans tires and saddle. Suntour GPX is the standard group on mine. Ya gotta get rid of the red on that setup.
That is a very very pretty bike and it's in near perfect condition. As you can see in the link, the one I am looking at, there are some apparent scratches on the body. Yea I completely agree with you that the red tape on the handlebars needs to go. What on earth was the owner thinking?! The orange on the tires are not as bad but not my taste. Your bike is pretty much what I had in mind, but with a black saddle. If you have an album for your bike online somewhere (flickr or photobucket), I WOULD LOVE to see it!

Also, is there any information on any of the bike's decals that tells you the size? Or the only way to know is to measure it? The seller just told me that he is not 100% sure of the size that he declared in the ad (52cm), it could be 53cm or 54cm.

Also, one more silly question, how to operate a downtube gear shifter...?? Left or right? Shift up or down? Any brief instruction would be appreciated! I am dead serious when I said I am new to biking

Last edited by zs3889; 02-18-14 at 12:16 AM.