View Single Post
Old 10-05-05, 04:03 AM
petitchou808

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nubbie looking for bike suggestions

My boyfriend has just recently started biking again and i would like to join him on rides. We live in the DC area where we enjoy the best of both world, bike friendly roads and trails. Can anyone suggest a bike for me?

If you could keep this in mind. I rode a bike again for the first time in over 13 years and I learned a couple of things. I hate going fast. I feel so embarrassed to say it but it helped me to see that i don't need a $1000+ road bike. Kinda defeats the purpose. I am working on this fear but in the meantime, I feel the most comfortable riding on flat pavement. I wouldn't mind buying a bike i can grow into and have recently test driven a Trek 1500 and a Fuji whose model I don't remember. But both of those were too advance for my skill level which is that of a first time rider. I did really enjoy the smoothness of those bikes though and ideally, i would like to pay for a bike that has great gear shifting.

Last but not least, i must ask my stupid question for the day. Is there a smart way to fall off your bike?