View Single Post
Old 02-21-14, 07:21 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
I have concerns too about the bike, I looked up the bike shop in Ridgewood NJ and there is none there by that name, I even tried another spelling of the Quevas as Cuevas and nothing. Like another poster said I would request more up close detail photos, if you get no response that's your answer so don't even bid. As another poster mentioned If it's a real Colnago the drilling of the frame to internalize the cable is a bad thing for collectors and it would lower the value which is ok if you're willing to deal with that. If you get the photos and everyone determines the bike is legit then write down a max price you're willing to pay, knowing not to offer as much for a undrilled Colnago frame, and stick to that price no matter how stressed you get in the bidding, also don't put a bid in until the last 30 seconds of auction and bid your max amount you're willing to pay.
It would be Cuevas, and the shop would be long gone. Cuevas built and did some refinishing, that part of the story line is the most reasonable….