View Single Post
Old 02-22-14, 06:38 AM
Daveyates

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jj1091
I'm in. I found this frameset last week, a 1938 Humber Sports sport version for $5 at a salvage yard, has bent forks and a bent downtube and toptube. Frameset consists of frame, forks with headset, stem and bars, grips, chainring with cranks and pedals, headlight mount-bracket, seat and seatpost. The frame has the original guidewheel for the shifter cable, clamp-on bracket for the front cable sheath stop at the front of the toptube, clamp-on front mount for a chainguard, and frame-welded pump mounts. I'll build it out with restored paint (no full strip since I need to protect the original faint gold script on TT, DT and ST), 26 inch wheels, 3-speed S/A hub, handlebar shifter, caliper brakes, fenders, chainguard, headlight, taillight, magneto, and frame tire pump, all "period-correct style", not one new part.

I haven't touched the frame except to take off the seat and seatpost to remove an old chain-lock left on the frame, so I could see the serial number clearly. Here's my starting point:

Perfect for this challenge, nice find