View Single Post
Old 02-23-14, 11:39 AM
Murray Missile 
Bike hoarder.

Bikes: Just as many as there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Garfield Cat View Post
Where else can a motorist get air for tires? Their own car dealer? A bike shop? A bus depot? The local city yard?
Around here most small repair shops, tire shops, etc. are happy to air up a low tire for a motorist for FREE, even the local transmission shop will do it. I live on the highway, I've even aired up a tire or two for passers by that stopped when I was out working in the driveway to ask where they could air up a tire because I knew the compressor at the almost brand new convenience store down the street was already worthless. If the convenience store chain "gas stations" are going to make you pay for air they should at least have decent compressors, a lot of them don't or don't maintain them. The only reason they even have a compressor is to squeeze that extra 2 bits out of you. My hometown had 6 service stations when I was a kid, you could get a flat fixed 24/7/365, now we have 1 convenience store. There's one place in town to get a tire fixed and they are only open Mon.-Fri., 8-4:30. I try to schedule all my flats for those hours but it never seems to work...........