View Single Post
Old 01-24-03, 11:15 AM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All the bikes you listed are good bikes. What style of riding do you see yourself into? Cross country (XC), Urban, Trials, Downhill (DH) or freeriding (FR)?

I myself call my style of riding more XC than FR, but it's abusive XC, so more FR. Does that make sense? Not to me either. Let's call it agressive XC!

Get a bike that suits your style. If you're going to get into longer rides w/o a lot of jumps or with drops smaller than 2'0" you'll be o.k. with more of a XC type bike like the Cannondales. If you're going to be riding very agressively, consider the Kona or a bike like the Specialized P.2 or the Kona Roast. If you're going to be riding bigger drops (3' +++) consider a FR bike and possibly full suspension.

Ride them all and buy the one that is most comfortable! Buy what you can afford, but be reasonable with your budget. $1,000 these days buys a lot of bike. Beyond that range, it's just a matter of better components. (Things you can upgrade to!)

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger