astr033
Part-time Commuter

Bikes: Gary Fisher Nirvana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
UPDATE

Just curious how other people would react.... Here's the timeline of events.

* Wednesday Sept 28 around noontime: I place an order for several items including a trainer mat for $29.99 (minus 20% savings) from Performance. It's my first time ordering from them but I feel confident as I've heard good things about them and have had much success ordering from Nashbar. I choose 2ND DAY shipping and there is an odd "overweight item" charge applied to the trainer mat. Fine, whatever. As promised by their website, my order ships the same day because my order was placed before 4:00pm. There are two seperate shipments, one for the mat and one for the rest of the items.

* Friday Sept 30 afternoon: My order arrives. When I get home at night, I open the first box and find all of the items that are supposed to be in there. I'm very happy. I open the second box and find a front wheel instead of my trainer mat. Huh? Oh geez, they messed up the order. I think of the hassle of finding a FedEx store to mail the wheel back and wait for my mat. Slightly ticked off because of the hassle.

* Saturday Oct 1 morning: I email Performance to let them know of the screwup and I request that they send me prepaid postage for sending the wheel back.

* Monday Oct 3 morning: I receive a response that starts "Ms. MyLastName". Umm, I'm a guy. My name is James and it's right there on my email. Why are you calling me Miss? I become slightly more ticked off. The email goes on to say that they are sorry for the mixup and they will ship my mat and the prepaid postage. Good. That sounds like good customer service to me, well except for the Miss part (but I can get over that).

* Tuesday Oct 4 evening: I'm beginning to wonder if I should have received a confirmation number and tracking number. Just then an email comes in saying that my order has shipped. One day after they supposedly fixed my order. Why did they not send it out on Monday? I become more ticked off. Then I see that they are shipping my item by "APX VIA USPS". What is this, I wonder? Maybe some Postal Service version of FedEx?

* Wednesday Oct 5 noontime: I'm feeling suspicious about the whole "APX VIA USPS" thing so I call up Performance and ask what APX is and how long my order will take to get to me. To their credit, I didn't have to hold on the phone forever. They picked up right away. I like that. The lady on the phone tells me that it's 7-10 business day shipping. WHOA, hold on there! I had originally paid for 2DAY shipping and now because they screwed up I have to wait an additional 7-10 days after the few days that it took to sort things out? That didn't sound right at all, so I politely and calmly asked if that was standard policy. She said no and that someone must have screwed up. She said that there was nothing that she could do about it because the item already shipped and she offered an apology. So what it came down to was that I have to wait an extra 2 weeks after my order was placed to receive it and they weren't going to do anything to try to retain me as a customer other than offering up a "sorry". None of this was sitting well with me at all but I'm not one to go screaming at customer service people. I told her that I'm being very cool about the whole thing and I asked her if she could at least reimburse me for the shipping. She said that she could give me a credit of $3.00. Three bucks? The shipping was a lot more than that because of the mysterious "overweight" charge that was tacked on. She said that she didn't know anything about an overweight charge and I asked her to check her system once more. She put me on hold for a while, came back, and said that she would give me a $10 credit. At this point I figure that's better than nothing, say "thank you", and hang up.

The whole thing just seemed so ridiculous. Am I overreacting or am I underreacting? Serious responses would be greatly appreciated.