MMACH 5
Cycle Dallas

Bikes: Dulcinea--2017 Kona Rove & a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Don't waste your breath (or fingers). The helmet thread is like an old fashioned religious revival with testimony by those who've seen the light and been saved. These people see ANY discussion of safety that does not say that helmets are the best way to be safe as anti-helmet heresy.

They've also created a fictitious "anti-helmet" straw man to shut down any discussion as the ravings of "anti-helmet" zealots.

My Chris Boardman thread was not started on the helmet thread, and was intended to spark consideration of the bicycle safety bigger picture. However the helmet true believers couldn't resist jumping in with their "my helmet saved my life comments (including a mod who should have known better) and hijacked it, causing it to be merged here, where intelligent discussion is impossible.

To the helmet zealots here. Please wear your helmets, and continue your preaching if you wish. But please also allow those of us who feel that there are other (maybe better) ways to improve bicycle safety to post elsewhere without censoring by jumping in with your helmet commentary and causing the mods to merge them into the helmet thread.
Oh please. This happens on both sides with equal vigor.
When someone posts outside of this thread with a thread along the lines of, "Which helmet should I get?" or "Is this helmet better than that?" or even, "What color helmet should I get?" The true believers who have been liberated to follow the Bare-Head Brigade mantra, descend on them with a vengeance. And those thread get relegated here, as well.